The PRIME Project
will utilize a two-tiered management structure consisting of a Project
Leadership Team and a Central Planning and Support team.
The Project Leadership Team (PLT)
membership will include the Co-Principals Investigators, the Project
Managers, representatives from the projects partners, and the Project
Evaluators. This group will meet quarterly and provide the overall
direction and management of the project.
The Central Planning and Support Team
(CPST) membership will include the Project Managers, the
Mathematics Coordinators from Rapid
City Area Schools, the Mathematics Specialists from Black
Hills State University, and representatives from the Center
for the Advancement of Mathematics and Science Education at Black
Hills State University. This group will meet monthly and implement
the day-to-day work of the project in response to the goals of the
grant and the direction of the Project Leadership Team.
The bulleted list below provides more
specifics about the operations of both the PLT and the CPST.
Project Leadership Team (PLT) Membership
- TIE PI (Jim Parry)
- RCAS PI (Pat Peel)
- BHSU PI (Ben Sayler)
- Project Manager (Maggie Austin)
- RCAS Grants Coordinator (Bob Rose)
- BHSU Dean of Education (Dean Myers)
- Project Evaluator (Inverness Research Associates representative)
- PLT Purpose
- Overall direction and management of the project.
- PLT Roles
- Assess progress toward project goals.
- Conduct annual benchmarking activity.
- PLT Operation
- Meet at least quarterly (include the CPST).
Central Planning & Support Team (CPST)
- RCAS K-5 Elementary Mathematics Coordinator (Nancy Ward)
- RCAS Grades 6-8 Secondary Mathematics Coordinator (TBA)
- BHSU Elementary Mathematics Specialist (Micheline Hickenbotham)
- BHSU Middle School Mathematics Specialist (Vicki Kapust)
- BHSU High School Mathematics Specialist (John Alsup)
- CAMSE Representative (TBA)
- Project Manager TIE (Maggie Austin )
- CPST Purpose
- Implement the day-to-day work of the project in response
to the goals of the grant and the direction of the Project
- CPST Roles
- Facilitate district-level math team meetings.
- Teach district-level mathematics courses focused on effective
- Develop demonstration classrooms and model video libraries.
- Organize and facilitate training for building-level Math
- Organize summer workshops focused on mathematics content
to be delivered by mathematics faculty from BHSU.
- Develop district-level mathematics study groups.
- Conduct formative evaluation activities.
- CPST Operation
- Project Manager is team leader.
- Meet at least monthly.
- Develop and implement project workplan.
- Meet weekly for half-day PD and planning sessions with
the Teacher Leaders.
- Project Manager reports to PIs and Central Planning &
Because the Project Managers are members of both
the PLT and the CPST, they will serve as the primary project coordinators.
Monthly project communication reports will be distributed by the
Project Managers. These reports will update all PLT members and
CPST members on the work and progress of the project.